Thursday, June 14, 2012

Tuesday, June 12, 2012 Historic Walking Tour

You probably can guess by the title of this post that I live among really old people.  Who goes on a historic walking tour????  Well our ward Relief Society did this week and the average age of people in my ward is 76 years old, so we are kind of limited as what our ward activities can be (technically I am a teenager,HA!). Anyway,  I happen to live in a beautiful part of  Salt Lake City.  In my block is Brigham Young Park, City Creek Park and Memory Grove Park, each of which is very historic...so we do things like historic walks in my neck of the woods.  I shouldn't complain about it though, I got lost once in Salt Lake and ended up at Memory Grove and thought it was such a pretty place so when I found I was going to be living there, I knew it was the place for me.


















When you look at these pictures you will see many white haired people who are extremely kind, considerate, thoughtful and pretty darn old.   It is a good ward though, never will you find more people who had given so much of their lives to the church: we have emeritus  general authorities, past mission presidents, temple presidents, temple workers, current general authorities, and all around good people.  Plus, we have lots of young people who are college students in our ward.  It is  a pretty interesting ward because we have no YM or YW and no primary.  The younger ward members must leave our ward and go to the family ward when their sweet little children are nursery age, because we don't have a nursery.

You should check out City Creek and Memory Grove next time you are in Utah.  It will be well worth your time and very relaxing and enjoyable.

No comments: