Thursday, January 31, 2008

Okay...So Change Isn't Always That Great!!!!!

So I had the great idea that I would like to jazz up this blog spot by adding some new colors and textures....not that good of an idea. I totally messed this up several nights ago and it has taken me two nights since to try and get it back to something decent and readable. It was very educational though, so maybe I will try again later but not for a while!

It is snowing like crazy here. Russell blew the snow less than two hours ago and we have gotten several inches since then. How much will we have in the morning if this keeps up? It is kind of fun, all this snow. We got a book for Christmas about this area when it was first inhabited and I imagine it was like this, except with no snowblowers or road scrapers. There is one picture of men with shovels, shoveling out the road that was between Victor and Jackson. That would be the pits for sure because that is one heck of a long road. Aren't we fortunate to have all the modern conveniences we have. With all this cold weather I have been noticing in our family prayers each day we are all really thankful for a warm house and reliable cars. I just wonder how those early settlers survived! They must have been pretty tough, I bet there not many whiners back then.

No comments: