Sunday, January 27, 2008

Away with the Christmas music for good! And a little Barney update.

The Christmas music is gone but unfortunately so is the slide show that went along with it. I guess I will have to do the Christmas photos again without the music. Lets see, that will take me an hour or so unless I am better at it than the last time I did it!
Holy cow, I am sitting here at the computer listening to the wind outside and it sounds like we are going to blow away! We live out on the prairie and when the wind blows it really goes!!!!!! I am home alone tonight as Russell is at a meeting and Colby is in Jackson, (no surprise there) and I am not really sure I like being alone. I am not scared or anything like that, I am just a bit lonely. I went to church by myself today because Russell had high councilman duties and Colby was at Jim's church and it was weird to say the least. I sat in the middle of a center pew and no one else sat by me so I was all alone the whole time. I am not sure how I am going to do with no kids at home. Good thing we still have Colby around for a while yet.
We had a fun time in Idaho Falls Friday night and Saturday. After we were done tour guiding Friday at the temple we met Colby, Jim and his family in Idaho Falls for a little weekend get away. We went to dinner and the movie, 'The Bucket List'. We stayed over night at a motel and got up early to go to the temple openhouse since Colby or none of Jim's family had been through the temple yet. (Saturday was the last day.) Brittany was able to join us for the fun so that was nice. We went to breakfast after the open house in IF at our favorite breakfast place, Smitty's. They have the best buckwheat pancakes, yum were they good. After that, Brittany and I went shopping, Jim's sister and mom had to return to Jackson and Russell, Colby, Jim and his dad went to a gun show in IF. We met for a real late lunch and then headed back to Victor. It was nice to get away and do something different for a change. We rarely go to movies so that was fun to do.

1 comment:

Rae Jean said...

D...you are right, being alone is not fun at church. But, I have to say, it gets a little easier. It is so neat that Russell is on the high council. That is pretty cool in my book, and so is he. Well, you know my feelings on him! You have a real keeper there! Your getaway sounds like it was fun. I'm ready for that! I'm glad that you got to enjoy some time away from home with your fam...even if it was only to IF!