Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Drum roll please........Salt Lake City here we come


Here is our big news, we are moving from our wonderful, beautiful valley to a really big valley, Salt Lake City, Utah. Russell had his first day of work there today, Wednesday, May 20th. Holy cow we have had to keep that a secret for a week and a half and it was almost more than I could bare. Anyway, if you know any one who wants a great house in a great valley with great views and great weather (ha) just let us know because our house will be on the market soon.

Living in the Teton valley has been a dream come true. After leaving the Wood River valley our girls learned there really are other kids with values and morals and are just plain nice. Brittany and Colby have loved living here and will probably be the most sad to leave. How will Colby survive being so far from the Allan family in Jackson? Hmmm, I bet she and Jim never factored this move into their relationship, what is going to happen there?

This is a great opportunity for Russell. He will be over all the lending in Utah and Wyoming for Bank of the West. His little Jackson area has been the leader in lending totals for all of Utah and Wyoming for some time now, and he will now have the chance to do the same for the Utah region of the bank. Right now it is pretty much in the bottom of the pool for the whole bank so there is no where to go but up. Since fixing bank problems seems to be his specialty I have no doubt he will be really successful as he undertakes this challenge. I an really proud of him for all his hard work, and ability to problem solve.

I guess we will be down sizing with this move since the kids are pretty much gone, so, if there is anything we have that you love makes us a deal and it could be yours. Oh the joy of thinking about moving again, lets see, this is our 12th or 13th move so we should be pretty good at it. We have been really blest though, with each move, to learn and grow and hopefully become better parents, friends and members of the church that we love. We have a huge list of friends we send Christmas cards to every year and this move will surely add a bunch to that list.

As for me, I am ready for Salt Lake. It the past 11 years or more I have had an hour commute to do any kind of actual shopping, movie watching, or any kind of thing that simply doesn't happen in small towns. (like eating at real restaurants). I am a little sad at leaving my music job and job at the seminary but I am sure there are other opportunities just awaiting me. With one surgery behind me and one sadly loaming in my future it will be nice to just relax and have some fun with my family and I think Salt Lake is just the place to do that.

So there you have it...our big news is finally out.

5 comments:

Kristen said...

Boo Hoo! How does Colby feel about this move? We are going to miss you all!

Anonymous said...

oh woh! didnt see that comin! how exciting! although boise woulda been fun ;)

Karla said...

Woo hoo!!! DeEtte - I've been looking for a restaurant-hopping buddy for so long!!! I love to go restaurant adventuring. Wanna be my buddy? We'll have all of Salt Lake County and Utah County to test out. When will you get here?

Rae Jean said...

I'm so happy for you guys! It will be fun to have you around!!! I hope that it will all work out for you. Let us know what you need from us!!! Okay, you moving, mom and dad are moving....who else is going to move in the family???? Love you!

Linda said...

Oh sure...the relatives are always the last to know. You aren't giving me any hope. I have always told the kids,'the only families who move more than military families are bankers.' I had such hope that eventually that would end. But no...here you are off again on a new adventure. Which leaves me wondering what does my future hold?