Monday, July 2, 2012

Monday, July 2, 2012 Yummy 4th of July Rice Krispie Treats

I found a really yummy Rice Krispie Treat recipe that is made with brown butter and sea salt.  It was in an email from a business I get emails from.  The original thought that came with the recipe was about the end of school so I just changed it up a bit. Changed the thought to say: 
'hope your July 4th will snap crackle and pop' Such a perfect thing to say about Rice Krispie Treats!

I made the Rice Krispie treats and these cute little boxes to put them in  to take to the ladies we home teach and that I visit teach.  If you like the signage you can click on the photos below to enlarge them and then save them to your computer.  Even if you don't ever make the boxes you should make the Rice Krispie Treats because they are yummy!!!

 Here is the recipe:

1 stick unsalted butter   
1 10-ounce bag marshmallows
1/4 tsp. coarse sea salt   
6 cups Rice Krispies Cereal
Melt butter over medium-low heat in a large pot.  Stir frequently.  Butter will foam, turn clear, and then start to brown.  Once butter has browned, remove from heat and add marshmallows.  Stir until marshmallows have melted.  Add cereal and sea salt-spread into a buttered 13x9 pan. Chill.  



Happy July Fourth!

Brown Butter Rice Krispie Treat Recipe
i

1 comment:

Rae Jean said...

I'm late to the party! I love that you did this. I copied the papers and will use them this year for the 4th! I miss reading Blogs. What about a resurgence with it? Is it time to start posting again? Love you sister!!! RJ