Tuesday, January 3, 2012

My Great Idea.....

I had the great idea for Christmas this year to make all my gifts and so started way back in the summer knitting, crocheting and embroidering, making Family Home Evening lessons for kids, and food storage notebooks and meals for each family, sadly, that was not soon enough and I found myself most mornings in December at 5 am out in the living room knitting away and then again while watching TV at night and sometimes in the middle of the night when I couldn't sleep.  What a surprise I gave myself when it was time to wrap the gifts for my sweet sister in laws only to find that I hadn't quite finished embroidering one of the dish clothes I had planned to give away, so another late night was a head of me. Well, I ended up in Bear Lake still at it, knitting at all hours of the day and night.  I was sick though so it gave me an excuse to stay in bed and knit.  Here are some photos of the headbands I knit and crocheted for each of my daughters, daughter in laws and granddaughters, (except Meredith who never wants her photo taken ,you little stinker, and somehow I missed taking a picture of Lindsey, sorry)

Sadie-pants

Saria and Grace

Colby and Brittany

Myah, Chandra and Ali

Grace and AubRee



One thing that is cool about these headbands is that the buttons are from a stash my mom had at her house left over from their Munson's Grocery Store in Escalante, UT, sort of sweet little remembrance of Grandpa and Grandma Munson.  I am posting these pictures to remind myself not to be part of this insanity again, it was a nice idea that grew way out of proportion.....and took over my life. HA!

No comments: