Saturday, November 28, 2009

Thanksgiving, Trotting Across America and Birthdays

Come to find out, apparently my entire family was doing a turkey trot on Thanksgiving morning. Eric and family were trotting in Hailey, Idaho, Blake and family in Ohio, and the rest of us were trotting in Draper, Utah. When we Utahn's were done with our turkey trot I checked my phone and had texts from Eric and Blake telling me about their trots. I think I knew Blake and Lindsey were doing a turkey trot but not Eric and his family. This is a photo from Eric's turkey trot. Doesn't it just make you warm and snuggly. This is his his wife and two cute kids, mother-in-law, and his sister-in-law and her hubby, . I didn't ask him what the temperature was in Bellevue but it doesn't look to awfully warm.

The Utah turkey trot was called the Human Race. It was a 5K. We had two groups of entries. The stroller gang which was Russell, Meredith, Saria, Easton and Grace. Royce, AubRee, Brittany, and Colby ran and I walked. AubRee was the winner at just over 24 minutes, Royce came in 2nd at the 25 minute mark, Colby was around 30 minutes, Brittany just over 31 minutes and I walked it in just over 37 minutes. It was pretty cold, 28 degrees and it took us a while to warm up after it was over. It was quite a fun thing to do and the general opinion was that we should do it again.




Besides the turkey trot on Thanksgiving it was also Royce's birthday. We went to the brunch at the Little America for our Thanksgiving so we celebrated his birthday and Thanksgiving there. Happy birthday Royce.

2 comments:

Rae Jean said...

How fun that your family were all doing a Trot on Thanksgiving! The snow...would stop me for sure!!! So glad that you had a great day and holiday. LOVE having you in Utah!

Our Growing Family said...

What a fun Thanksgiving!! And I'm sure little america was delish!